August 16, 2016 to August 31, 2016
UPDATE:CLOSED. Leaving for Red Lake on Aug 15.Details:
- # of layover days: 4.
- # of portages: 50 (longest is 975 m, 36 portages in the 15-300 m zone).
- Trip starts at Leano Lake (need taxi ride to there - cost about $60 per).
- Trip ends at Johnson Lake (where our vehicles will be parked).
- Highlight lakes: Mexican Hat Lake, Royd Lake, Joey Lake, Indian House Lake.
- Typical day travel: 10-15 km (with one 20 km day).
- Woodland Caribou charges a daily fee camping of about $10 per person.