Wanted: Newsletter Committee Members
The Newsletter Committee supports the production of the Nature Manitoba Newsletter. We are looking for volunteers for this committee who are interested in the opportunity to learn and be creative!
Status: Volunteer position
Position Purpose: To promote Nature Manitoba events, programs, and activities to NM membership and newsletter subscribers. To provide engaging natural history content to our members and subscribers.
Meetings: The Newsletter Committee will meet virtually or in-person approximately four times per year.
Communication: Communication will be done via in-person meetings, email, and virtual meetings.
Time commitment: The time required for this position is flexible and can vary depending on how much involvement a volunteer would like to have. In general, the time commitment required is approximately 10 to 20 hours per year.
Newsletter Committee Members tasks:
- Meet once a year (in-person or virtually) to brainstorm natural history content and contacts for soliciting articles/serial articles for Nature Manitoba News.
- Work with the committee to develop and maintain a content calendar for articles, including submission deadlines
- Solicit articles and other content for Nature Manitoba News (email templates are available).
- Provide deadlines and submission information to potential contributors, as well as follow up with contributors on progress and provide reminders as required (email templates are available).
- Work with the committee, Nature Manitoba staff, and other volunteers to assemble and publish the Nature Manitoba News.
What is fun about this position?
- Opportunity to connect with many great organizations and individuals to learn about new research, programs, and other nature-inspired projects and activities locally
- Opportunity to develop writing and communications skills
- Opportunity to have your work published on our website and in our newsletter
- Opportunity to meet other volunteers who are passionate about nature
- Opportunity to write articles and other content if desired
Skills and experience:
- Good communications, time-management, and organization skills
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Inquisitive and willing to learn
- Internet/email access
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org