Wanted: Fundraising and Grant-writing Volunteer
The Bridging the Gap program provides an opportunity to experience nature first hand by delivering outdoor experiences and curriculum based educational programs to over 500 low-income neighbourhood students yearly.
The Fundraising and Grant-writing Volunteer tasks may include:
- Familiarize yourself with background materials, activities, and funding needs of Bridging the Gap by reviewing materials provided by the program coordinator or steering committee
- Identify and research potential sources of funding for Bridging the Gap, including public and private grants, foundations, or other sources of funding
- Communicate relevant funding opportunities (including process, deadlines, details) to Bridging the Gap coordinator and steering committee
- Help complete funding applications
- Work can be done year-round
- Minimum requested annual time commitment 30 hours.
What's valuable about this?
- Help contribute to the sustainability of unique nature-based educational programs for children
- Use your skills and knowledge in fundraising, non-profit program leadership and/or community development
- Meet different people
If you are interested, please send an email with your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with a conversation.